In 2000 an inspection report determined the existing bridge width is insufficient according to current design standards and the decision was made to evaluate alternatives.
The Environmental Assessment of this project will:
- Look at a range of alternatives
- Compile detailed assessments of the impacts of each alternative
- Coordinate with other agencies
- Engage and involve the public
- Take steps to avoid, minimize, or mitigate impacts from the project
- Document the final decisions for future reference