Project Update (Updated 05/10/13)
The next traffic impact that we foresee is the closing of Elm Hill Rd. at the City Park Dr. end in order complete grading operations at that location. This closure will begin on June 3rd and remain closed for 6 to 8 weeks.
Progress Made To Date:
- Approximately 130,000 of the 669,802 cubic meters of fill material is in place. This operation will continue until complete
- Storm drain installation continues as the contractor reaches the necessary grades with their fill material
- Phase I Construction of the bridge over Norfolk Southern Railroad is progressing. Bent #1 and bent #2 are complete. We look to be setting beams on the span over the RR in about 2 weeks and then begin placing fills and constructing the abutments.
- Utility work (water and sewer) continues to progress
- Traffic had been switched at the intersection of SR73 and SR44 in order to construct the new ramp alignment and install storm drain.
- The Abutment #1 fill for the bridge over Tellico Canal is complete and Abutment #2 is complete
- Construction signs installed
- Clearing and grubbing
- Excavation of abutment #2 bridge #3 (Canal Bridge)
- H-piling at this Abutment #2 for Bridge #3 Installation of EPSC measures throughout the project limits
- Construction of bent #2 on RR bridge begins
- One footing and column constructed
- 2 water line crossings and one sewer line crossing complete
Upcoming Items Of Work:
- Excavation, piling and forming for foundations at Bridge #1 (Bridge over RR)
- Grading (cut) along SR-73 from SR-2 to Bridge #1
- Fill operations from Elm Hill Road to Bridge #2
- One sewer line crossing on SR 73
- Construction of second footing and column