Project Update (Updated 1/16/14)
Elm Hill Road at City Park Drive is now open to traffic.
Progress Made To Date:
- Approximately 400,000 of the 669,802 cubic meters of fill material is in place and this operation will continue until complete.
- Storm drain instillation continues as the contractor reaches the necessary grades with their fill material.
- Installation of utilities (Water, Sewer and Gas) is complete at this time. It will continue as construction phasing allows.
- As roadway slopes are being completed topsoil is being placed and stabilized with seed, straw and matting for permanent stabilization.
- Construction of box and culvert for access to the TVA toe drain is complete This will enable the fill operation in this area to begin.
- Bridge #1 (over Norfolk Southern Railroad): Phase I Construction of the bridge over Norfolk Southern Railroad is complete. Phase II construction is ongoing.
- Bridge #2 (over TN River): Abutment #1 is under construction. The abutment beam and wing wall footings are poured. No further work can begin until the beams are set. Construction of the haul rd. and temporary dock area at the abutment #2 end is complete.
- Bridge #3 (over Tellico Canal): Abutment #1 and #2 are complete . Pier #1 is complete. The cofferdam is set for pier #4 and the footing is being excavated.
- Continue construction of Phase #2, Bridge#1 (over railroad)
- Bridge #3 Pier #4 rock excavation
There was a delay on beginning work on the bridge piers for bridge #2 and #3 due to obtaining permits to access the water. These permits have been acquired and a change order for time extension has been approved. This change order will extend the estimated completion date to June 2016.