Project Update (Updated 4/28/15)
- Approximately 532,600 of the 669,802 cubic meters of fill material have been placed and this operation will continue as weather permits until complete.
- Storm drain installation continues as the contractor reaches the necessary grades with their fill material. Approximately 95% complete.
- Installation of utilities (Water, Sewer and Gas) is complete at this time. It will continue as construction phasing allows.
- As roadway slopes are being completed, topsoil is being placed and stabilized with seed, straw and matting for permanent stabilization.
- Construction of box and culvert for access to the TVA toe drain is complete. Fill operation in this area is complete.
- Phase II paving from SR2 to Bridge #1 is complete. Island work on SR73 in this area is complete.
Completed Project Activities:
- Bridge #1 (over Norfolk Southern Railroad): Complete
- Bridge #2 (over TN River): Abutment #1 is under construction. The abutment beam and wing wall footings are poured. No further work can begin until the beams are set. Construction of the haul rd. and temporary dock area at the abutment #2 end is complete. Fill material for abutment #2 is complete and has been excavated and ready to drive piling. The footing and bottom section of column at pier#3 is complete. The cofferdam at Pier #2 is complete and the seal footing has been poured. Blasting on pier #1 is complete.
- Bridge #3 (over Tellico Canal): Abutment #1 and #2 and Piers #1 and #4 are complete. Pier #2 cofferdam is complete. Pier #3 column is complete.
Current Project Activities:
- Bridge #2: Pier #2 footings are being formed and pier #3 column and cap reinforcing steel is being placed.
- Bridge #3: Pier #2 footing and pier #3 cap construction
|Inside Bridge #2 Pier #2 Cofferdam (TN River Bridge)||Bridge #3 Pier #2 (Pouring Grout Seals around caissons)|
Arch Forms for Bridge #2 columns (TN River Bridge)
|Bridge #2 Pier #3 Column Steel (TN River Bridge)|