Who can apply for the Tennessee Roadscapes
Grants will be awarded to qualifying groups to promote new landscaping projects along roadways throughout the state of Tennessee. Municipal and county governments are encouraged to apply for these grants. Civic and neighborhood groups such as garden clubs, chambers of commerce and development organizations demonstrating a partnership with their local governments will also be eligible to submit applications. Applications will be reviewed by TDOT and a statewide advisory council.
What types of projects are eligible? (TOP)
The Tennessee Roadscapes program can include the following types of projects:
How does it work? (TOP)
This is a matching grant program. Grant applicants fund 20 percent of their project and TDOT funds the remaining 80 percent from federal funds that have been specifically earmarked for roadway enhancement projects. The minimum grant award is $10,000.
Is there more information? (TOP)
For more information about the Tennessee Roadscapes program, please call (615) 532-3488.