Office of Strategic Planning
James K. Polk Building, Suite 300
505 Deaderick Street
Nashville, TN 37243
The Office of Strategic Planning is directly under the Operational Efficiency Division. It's responsible for researching and identifying organizational and operational changes needed to improve the Tennessee Department of Transportation and preparing management to implement the changes.
The Office of Strategic Planning currently has seven
lines of business defined to carry out our mission:
- Strategic Planning and Process Management –Provide and manage an inclusive planning process that assists
leadership in defining and achieving the purpose and future
direction of the organization.
- Business Planning – Facilitate work
groups in defining their activities, risks and performance
measures to focus their efforts toward a common mission and to
support the department’s strategic direction.
- Performance Measurement – Manage TDOT’s
performance measurement framework and tools to assist management
in developing a balanced set of performance measures that
provide data for fact-based decision making.
- Special Studies and Research – Conduct
research and analysis on emerging transportation and
organizational issues and prepare reports with recommendations
for leadership action.
- Management Consulting – Provide tools and
assistance to help plan and implement new departmental programs
or initiatives and to help improve TDOT products and services.
- Education and Outreach – Strengthen
employees understanding of TDOT’s priorities and future plans
and facilitate communication between employees and leadership.
- Risk Management – Develop and facilitate the use of tools and processes to identify, assess, and mitigate organizational risks to help ensure achievement of TDOT goals and objectives.