Skip to Content

Legal Division


Claims for money damages against the State of Tennessee that involve the Department of Transportation are covered by the Tennessee Claims Commission Act, found in Title9, Chapter 8, Parts 3 and 4 of the Tennessee Code Annotated. The first step in making such a claim is to give written notice of the claim to the Division of Claims Administration (See T.C.A. Section 9-8-402). That notice may be given using the form available below.

Special Instructions: The Claims Form must be printed, filled out completely, signed with an original signature and then sent by U.S. mail to the address shown on the form. Click on the link below to access the form.

Claims Form (pdf file)

For further information on filing a claim or questions regarding the status of a claim that has already been filed, contact the Division of Claims Administration at (615) 741-2734.