The overall goals for this Interstate facility are defined as follows:
- Goal 1: To improve international and interstate movement of freight and people by ensuring a safe transportation system that is accessible, integrated, and efficient while offering flexibility of transportation choices in mid-America.
- Goal 2: To enhance the regional and local transportation systems by providing transportation capacity to meet current and future needs.
- Goal 3: To facilitate economic development and enhance economic growth opportunities domestically and internationally through efficient and flexible transportation with particular emphasis being given to economic growth in the Lower Mississippi Delta Region.
- Goal 4: To facilitate connections to intermodal facilities and major ports along the corridor.
- Goal 5: To facilitate the safe and efficient movement of persons and goods by fostering a reduction in incident risk.
- Goal 6: To upgrade existing facilities to be utilized as I-69 within the corridor to design standards suitable for an Interstate highway and commensurate with the projected demand.
- Goal 7: To directly connect the urban areas named by Congress (the "named cities" of Indianapolis, Evansville, Memphis, Shreveport/Bossier City, and Houston and the Lower Rio Grande Valley) with an Interstate highway connection.
If you would like to comment on this project email: TDOT.Comments@tn.gov