Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the key project milestones at this time?
- The Environmental Assessment was approved by FHWA on January 25, 2010.
- The Public Hearing is anticipated in early spring of 2010.
- The Final Environmental Document is anticipated in the summer of 2010.
2. When will the project be constructed?
The final Environmental Document will be completed during the summer of 2010, and final design will begin at that time. After the final design is completed, the right-of-way (ROW) will be purchased and the necessary permits will be obtained. Following ROW acquisition and project permitting, construction will begin. The exact dates for ROW acquisition and construction cannot be determined at this time, but they will be at least two years following the completion of all of the environmental documentation and permitting.