The Latest on the Henley Project
Henley Update, May 17, 2013:
Barrier rail construction continues on the north approach. On the river, Pier #5 cap construction has begun. Pier #3 reconstruction continues, and at Pier #4 concrete forms are ready to be set.
Barrier rail has been poured on the east side of the south approach, and the west side concrete pour is forthcoming. Neyland Drive will continue to have temporary lane closures during daytime work operations for overhead construction on the north spans. The Greenway will also have temporary closures if work is being performed above it. The status of the Greenway can be followed daily on twitter, at @HenleyBridge.
For more information on the Henley Bridge project, please visit our website, at www.tn.gov/henley.
- Contractor: Britton Bridge, LLC,
Mt. Juliet, Tennessee
- Amount: $24,696,969.47
- Revised Contract Amount: $31,012,831.35
- Henley Bridge Closures: Henley Bridge was closed to traffic on January 3, 2011
- Henley Bridge will open to Traffic: February 28, 2014
- Completion in Entirety: June 30, 2013
- Project Completion in Entirety: June 3, 2014