Skip to Main Content
Federal Agencies and Regulations
Federal Highway Administration
- Environmental Guidebook
Contains guidance and information on the NEPA process and other environmental requirements.
FHWA's online "community of practice" supporting an open exchange of knowledge, information, and ideas about NEPA, related environmental issues, and transportation decision making.
- Interim Guidance on the Use of 23USC§139(1) Limitation on Claims Notices (FHWA Memorandum dated December 1, 2005)
- Presenting and Defending Administrative Records (Edward V. Kussy, February 1992)
- FHWA Planning, Environment, & Realty: Environment
Source for information on the full range of FHWA environmental programs.
- FHWA Planning, Environment, & Realty: Legislation, Regulations and Guidance
Links for guidance issued by FHWA on specific topics (for example, air quality, noise, context sensitive solutions, bicycle and recreational planning).
- FHWA Planning, Environment, & Realty
Information and updates on FHWA guidance to implement the requirements of SAFETEA-LU Section 6002 and the environmental review process.
- Purpose and Need
- Logical Termini
- Document Quality
- Air Quality
- Indirect and Cumulative Impacts
- Section 4(f)
National Resource Conservation Service
US Department of the Interior Bureau of Land Management
Environmental Protection Agency
National Wetlands Inventory maps
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
Source for obtaining flood insurance maps and information on the program.
National Wild and Scenic Rivers
State Agencies and Regulations
Tennessee Department of Transportation