Vegetation Control Program
James K. Polk Building, Suite 400
505 Deaderick Street
Nashville, Tennessee 37243-0333
Phone: (615) 532-3467
Jan Hughes, Coordinator
The Beautification Office oversees the statutory requirements for vegetation control, which allow cutting and removal of vegetation on the State’s right-of-way adjacent to permitted off premise outdoor advertising.
Downloadable Forms, Applications, and Information:
- Vegetation Control Maintenance Permit Application (PDF) - Download if vegetation cuts have been made before at this location.
- Vegetation Control Permit Application (PDF) - Download if vegetation cuts have NOT been made before at this location.
- Surety Bond Form (PDF) – More information
- Running Surety Bond Form (PDF) – More informationCertificate of Insurance Information (PDF) – Please refer to applicable application and/or Regulations for Vegetation Control.
- Statutory information concerning vegetation control (Tennessee Code Annotated 54-21-119 & 120).
- Rules of Tennessee Department of Transportation (PDF)– Control of Outdoor Advertising (Chapter 1680-2-3)
For more information or questions concerning vegetation control, please contact Jan Hughes at 615-3467, Latonja Coates at 615-532-3459 or Connie Gilliam at 615-741-0805 or fax inquiries to 615-532-5995.