From US-70 (SR-1) to SR-46 and/or I-40
Transportation projects are developed in four phases:
- Planning and Environmental
- Right-of-Way Acquisition
The project is currently in the Planning and Environmental stage. The following is a timeline of the events concerning this project:
- TDOT developed an Advanced Planning Report (APR). This document evaluated three bypass options around Dickson.
- TDOT held a public meeting to discuss the APR. In general, there was strong public support for the bypass, however, issues were raised concerning the project termini.
- The questions raised at the public meeting led the City of Dickson and Dickson County to conduct a land use study which led to the development of a Transportation Planning Report (TPR).
- A Transportation Planning Report (TPR) was completed. This report discussed preliminary purpose, needs, and goals of a Dickson bypass.
- It was determined that a bypass was needed to improve mobility west and south of Dickson, provide additional access to I-40, relieve traffic congestion in Dickson’s urban core, support economic development, and increase accessibility to Dickson’s airport and industrial park.
- TDOT began preparing an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) to determine the impacts that a bypass would have to the natural and human environment.
- The EIS will evaluate the context and intensity of the impacts to determine the significance of those impacts.
- TDOT met with public officials in Dickson, TN, to summarize the project’s history and present a plan to move forward.
November 6, 2007
- A public meeting was held to discuss the purpose and need. The meeting was held at Dickson County High School.
June 26, 2008:
- A public meeting was held to obtain input for the location of project alternatives. The meeting was held at Dickson County High School.